Silver and gold are chemical elements that are part of our planet. As such, and despite the polishing and treating that they're subjected to by the art of jewelery, time and exposure to other elements will inevitably degrade or their original luster and appearance.
Chemical reactions caused by water and its components, such as chlorine and salt, by the elements within the skin's sweat and pH and by products composed of chemicals such as perfumes, creams and detergents, among others, tend to stain, tarnish and darken both silver and gold.
Physical contact with other surfaces and even storage can contribute to damage jewelry pieces. Friction, shock and scraping on rough, uneven, sandy surfaces and even other on other pieces can create preventable scratches and marks.
There are, however, a number of measures and precautions that can be taken to minimize and delay the deterioration of the piece to the latest extend.
Therefore, TALLISMA recommends:
- Avoid contact of the pieces with chemicals such as perfumes, creams, cosmetics, shampoos and detergents.
- Do not use it in situations of extreme heat or physical exercise, as sweat is corrosive to silver and gold.
- Avoid using our designs in water, whether on the beach, in the pool or in the bath. The salt of the first or the chlorine of the latter ones, both adulterate its original luster.
- Store all jewelery in closed boxes or bags. Separate the pieces from each other, in a dry place to avoid exposure to moisture and the chemical elements already listed, often present in the air. TALLISMA's signature boxes and bags are an excellent option.
- Avoid tangling the chains of the necklaces or bracelets. Either to avoid scratches and marks or to avoid untangling tugs that may damage or break the necklace's chain.
- Clean the jewelry sporadically with a soft, dry cloth or even slightly moistened with a specific product for cleaning the material in question. This recommendation is especially valid when you fail with any of the recommendations mentioned above.
If, despite all these precautions, or when your piece has lost its original luster and colors, the solution to restore them is to undergo a professional treatment carried out by our services.
If this is your case, please send us an e-mail to email@example.com.